The Liebster Award
I was fortunate to be nominated for The Liebster Award by EJ so here goes.
These are the rules for anyone who gets nominated:
♡ Thank and link the blogger who nominated you
♡ Post an image of the award on your page
♡ Answer the 11 questions that the blogger who nominated you has asked
♡ Link 5-11 blogs that have less than 200 followers
♡ Create 11 questions for them to answer
♡ Notify the blogs via their social media sites
Already having a few new bloggers on my mind, I've decided to accept and continue this positive little blogosphere train. EJ's eleven questions weren't compulsory, but I've decided to answer them anyway.
1. What made you want to start blogging?
I was eight years old when I started my first blog. I had lost my voice completely, and decided to write down how I felt instead. I started blogging because it gave me a voice when I had none. It gave me audience, a platform. By the time I was thirteen the hate mail had become so bad that I had no choice but to delete my blog. I started up again this year because despite everything, I really missed it. I missed my communities, I missed writing about my life, I missed all of you.
2. What do you like about blogging?
I like having the opportunity to be properly heard. I like that its presented me with so many opportunities that I wouldn't otherwise have been involved in. I like having my own little corner of the internet, and the results of that.
3. Do you think your personality and style is reflected through the way you blog?
In all honesty, I think my writing 'voice' surprises people. My friend told me the other day that it felt like I was speaking directly to her, and I wasn't expecting that kind of response. This blog is immensely personal, and I make no secret of that, so in that way... yes my personality is reflected though the way I blog. Then again I think it's important to remember that the version of me you see online is the version of me I want you too see.
4. How can you see yourself and your blog doing in 5 years?
In five years, I'd ideally like to be finishing university (I think). I'd love to study something that inspires me, and if I do, I'd like that to be reflected on the blog. I'll be twenty-two years old then, and for me that seems a long way off just yet. I like to take things one day at a time.
5. What is one good thing about you?
I like to think I have good morals.
6. What is one bad thing about you?
I don't always speak up when I know I should.
7. How would you describe yourself in one word?
8. If you could change one thing in the world, what would you change?
How people treat one another.
9. Where is your favourite place on earth?
10. If you could meet anyone in the world (from the past or present), who would you meet?
11. If you could go back in time, where and what time would you go to?
Nazi Germany. That sounds weird, I know, but I studied that period for so many years in history class. I wouldn't want to change anything, I just think you'd have to experience first hand what was going on in order to fully understand what happened.
I would like to nominate the following blogs:
1. As a new blogger, how would you describe the welcome you received from the blogging community?
2. What was it that made you want to start blogging?
3. Describe your favourite blogger(s) and why?
4. Who is your biggest inspiration (not specific to blogging)?
5. If you were to write a novel, what would it be about?
6. What is your biggest fear? Do you think you could ever overcome it?
7. What are a few of your favourite things?
8. Apart from blogging, what else are you up to these days?
9. Do you have any blogging aims?
10. What is the one thing you wish people knew about you?
11. Have you ever been in love?