The Liebster Award
Gosh it seems like forever since I last introduced a post like that ahah. Anyway, I just found out that the lovely Celine from Live and Peaches has nominated me for (another) Liebster Award! So a massive thank you Celine, do check out her blog as it's lovely and I read it religiously.
1. What does your blog name mean?
A Portrait Of Youth has more of a symbolic meaning more than anything, as I like to think that one day I'll be able to look back on this blog and recall events I've long since forgotten in vivid detail. I want every word to come together eventually and form a portrait of my youth. A record of my time here on Earth and how I spent it.
2. What's the best part of blogging for you?
For me, I think it's my lovely readers. Every other day my email is filled to the brim with beautiful letters and emails, notifications of comments or new followers and it's really lovely to have that. I feel like we've really built a community here and I love that more than anything else in the blogosphere. The twitter banter with other bloggers is also pretty great though.
3. If you had the chance to work with any brand which one would it be and why?
I don't really know. As long as it's ethical, for example it doesn't test on animals, and supports worthy charities, I'll probably support it. I prefer working with brands like Sakroots and other ethical startups than big corporations.
4. In a movie about your life who would play you?
Whoever wants to play me, I don't really mind. I think they'd need my sense of humour though.
5. What was the first concert you've been to?
The Singing Kettle in concert, if we're being technical. I was three. I even got a little red kettle.
6. Do you share blog post openly with people you know?
My friends are aware of it, and some of them still read it sometimes. I don't hide it, but I don't actively share it either.
7. Who's your favourite blogger?
I have a page on my blog dedicated to my favourites, because I could never just pick one.
8. Is there anything you'd give up your blog for?
I'd probably give it up for the people I love if I had too.
9. What's your favourite food/meal?
I've got a little obsession with stuffed peppers at the minute, but my favourite food changes all the time.
10. Cats or Dogs?
Cats. Cats. Cats.
11. Blogger or Wordpress?
I've never used Wordpress, so Blogger.
So there you go. Now it's my turn to nominate my favourite bloggers:
That's So Bekaah - Becca
Writing Under The Willow - Nadine
Velvet and Vibranium - Kelly
My Return Ticket - Eline
These are the rules for anyone who gets nominated:
♡ Thank and link the blogger who nominated you
♡ Post an image of the award on your page
♡ Answer the 11 questions that the blogger who nominated you has asked
♡ Link 5-11 blogs that have less than 200 followers
♡ Create 11 questions for them to answer
♡ Notify the blogs via their social media sites
1. As a new blogger, how would you describe the welcome you received from the blogging community?
2. What was it that made you want to start blogging?
3. Describe your favourite blogger(s) and why?
4. Who is your biggest inspiration (not specific to blogging)?
5. If you were to write a novel, what would it be about?
6. What is your biggest fear? Do you think you could ever overcome it?
7. What are a few of your favourite things?
8. Apart from blogging, what else are you up to these days?
9. Do you have any blogging aims?
10. What is the one thing you wish people knew about you?
11. Have you ever been in love?